Life Circles

Life Circles

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Survival

My sister and I spoke this evening following a cute message left on my voicemail from her grandson, Aiden. The message started off with lots of whispering and then this cute little voice "I love you aunt Dianne". Melted my heart, so I called her back.

We got into a discussion. I told her I'd posted my picture on dialysis. She said I should take it off, that its not who I am. She's right. I am a woman who has survived alot. My first marriage was rough - but I came out of it with two exceptional children and a third when my son got married.

I remarried and have been blessed by this marriage for 16 years.

I have survived an incredible number of medical problems. Financial problems. These things aren't who I am, they have helped create who I am. I feel blessed for moving beyond them and being a better person because of them.

I was blessed to work in the temple for nearly 15 years.

The Lord has watched over me through all of my trials and challenges. I know he knows me and loves me. I can't ask for better than that.

Anyway, enough of that.

Cheri's wedding reception was tonight. Sadly I fell asleep around 5 and didn't wake up until 7. I climbed in the shower and hurried Steve up. We had spent the day cleaning out the garage and his truck was loaded with things to haul to the dump on Monday. I had decided to head on over to the chapel while he was cleaning up and walked out into the garage and saw his truckbed loaded and realized if I didn't wait on him, he'd be there long after it was over. I got there just as Cheri was leaving. Sigh.

I saw this Glen Beck video this evening on the amount of money the government is printing and the devaluation of the dollar and put it her to be seen. Incredible.

No comments:

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference