Life Circles

Life Circles

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Unemployment Disaster

So Steve subcontracted electrical work on a house in Highland park. He was paid on draws based on what was completed on the job. It was hard to figure out how to report it on his unemployment. Back in January messed up his unemployment when I filed a payment, so I followed the directions of the lady I talked to at the time when I filed his last payment and it through the process out of whack. "Please contact the Unemployment Office" staring at me on the screen. I called and sat on hold for 37 minutes before I spoke to a rep. She straightened things out and said I needed to refile, I kept trying and kept getting a message that he wasn't eligible to refile until March 15. So yesterday afternoon I called again and sat on hold for 20+ minutes and the girl said you should be able to refile. Try again tomorrow morning. So this morning again, I sat on hold for 30+ minutes because it still didn't work. When I talked to the rep she said for me to retry and now the message on the screen was "Unable to refile until March 22." Yipes! Anyway, bottom line I didn't need to refile she had made a correction to the file and I had to do nothing, but wait on hold for over an hour total. Such is the process. I'm grateful for the unemployment, but it can be a bear to work through.

Steve has a job interview in Southlake this morning. We'll see how it goes.

I love Tuesdays. I feel so much better.

Kristin called. Her Dad's visiting and I think she's ready for him to go home. Its frustrating to her because he keeps her waiting all of the time.

No comments:

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference