Life Circles

Life Circles

Monday, November 15, 2010

Pakistan - Where's the money coming from?

I'm very confused.  Can someone help me clear this up?  Where is the money coming from?  Isn't the US in debt and broke?  When I'm broke, which is most of the time, I would love to contribute to all of the agencies who call me on the phone, but I don't.  I politely explain I'd love to, but the money doesn't exist in our household.  Shouldn't the US do the same?

May 19, 2010 -
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced Tuesday that the United States would provide $110 million in additional humanitarian aid to assist as many as two million Pakistanis forced out of their homes by intensified fighting in and around the Swat Valley. 

July 19 2010 - Hillary Rodham Clinton - 
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton  announced amass of aid projects for Pakistan to the tune of $500 million dollars.  These are part of a $7.5 billion aid effort to win over Pakistanis.
 August 20 2010 
US government increased aid for flooding to $150 million dollars.
Monday 15 November 2010 - ft.com
Hillary Clinton said the US will  provide Pakistan with $2 billion a year in military aid over at least four years







No comments:

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference