Life Circles

Life Circles

Thursday, November 18, 2010

He's always been there

I'm still pondering the questions I was asked last night by the MiaMaids (if that's what they're called now).  I was driving over to meet Kristin earlier today and thoughts came to me remembering so many times he's shown his hand to me and my children.  The list is so long its hard to remember them all.  I remember when I was going through my divorce in the late 80's the time I heard his voice; I remember during that same period when I was just wanting my mother's arms around me and found myself in a classroom sobbing.  In walked Barbara Hammond.  She was a large woman and would have been my mother's age.  Barbara sat down, put her arms around me, and just held me.  I remember on the night my mother died seeing her walk through the room.  When Stephen was a baby and I was trying to nurse him; one morning I woke up and nothing I did would settle him down.  I was tired and emotional and he was frustrated because he was hungry.  There was a knock at the door and when I opened the door an elderly woman was standing there.  She came in held him, fed him formula and I slept.  I just knew everything would be all right.  There has always been someone there when I needed help.  I know God sent them for me.  The list goes on and on, but ultimately, I know God knows me.

Hope on the Horizon - By Greg Olson
This morning my nurse asked me how I knew he knew me.  The past couple of years have been really difficult, however, through it all, I have felt his peace, warmth, and comfort.  I've learned to trust him.  It has always worked out.  Maybe not the way I thought it would or hoped it would, but it has worked.  I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Ann said...

This post brought many memories to mind -- of especially those first difficult days when our eldest son developed Reye's Syndrome. And then for the next 3 or 4 years as we had to come to grips with Brent's mental and physical disabilities. I know Christ is real and truly my Redeemer. He is my Advocate with the Father. It was then that I came to understand how your heart can break because mine did many times over. The world around me offered no hope. But as with your experiences, there were many, many people who offered us great service and support that lifted our burdens and gladdened our hearts. And even when I felt like a surgeon must surely be performing heart surgery without benefit of anesthetic, I would feel a whisper of peace and have enough hope to carry on. I know that Christ understood my pain and had even suffered it for me.

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference