Life Circles

Life Circles

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Leaks . . .

Got up a little late yesterday but got my SAK started so I could dialysis last night.

I was getting Steve's lunch ready for him to take to work when I realized Sunday on the way home from taking Kristin to the airport the little yellow light had come on letting me know I was low on gas.  Since Steve gets off too late to put gas in the car I drove him to McKinney for work.  Only problem was, I had a 3:00 hair appointment with my Heidi.  I tried to call her and the number I had for her didn't work.  I left her a note on the door and took off to take him to work.  My hair is looking a little shaggy so I was disappointed.  She can't see me again this week; so I'll just have to make it work for now.

I went visit teaching last night and got to visit my favorite friend, Karen, with another one of my favorite friend's.  Rosilyn brought her really small Yorkie with her and Karen just fell in love with Tas the minute we walked in the door.  She'd like another dog but her husband says no; much to her disappointment.

I was thinking (first mistake) I'd start my treatment when I got home.  I got home and the alarm on the PureFlow was sounding off and I was frustrated.  "What now?"  I had been sure to flush my lines earlier to make sure there would be no problem.  When I got to the PureFlow and opened the door I saw dialysate floating around the SAK and not in it.  I checked my connections and they were secure so it was the SAK that failed.  Rushed back to the supply room and picked up two hanging bag boxes and set the machine up with bags.

Anyway, since all of this was delayed Steve had to wait an hour after he got off work for me to come.  He was so cool about it.  He sat in one of the motorized carts at the store, drank a soda, and read his book.  When we got home he helped me get the fluid out of the PureFlow.  Finally got to bed around 2 this morning.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Steve is a keeper as a husband. You are a lucky woman!

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference