Life Circles

Life Circles

Monday, January 3, 2011

January 2011 - A Fresh Start

2011 - I can hardly believe it.  New Years Eve was quiet here.  Watched tv and climbed into bed just in time to kiss 2010 goodbye.  I am hopeful for this year.  There is so much potential and a clean fresh start.

Sometimes I'm really not sure why things have to be the way they are and just when I start to grumble, the Lord humbles me and reminds me he is in control and there is a reason.

There's been a lot of commotion in our lives this past month  - still lots going on with the kids Dad, Sue living with us and all of its accompanying challenges.  Day before yesterday I got a little emotional and informed the Lord I really needed a break in it all.

Last night I was trying to figure out what to eat for dinner.  I really didn't feel like cooking and my good friend had brought over some great soup last week when I couldn't eat.  I was finally able to start eating on Thursday and thought it would be good idea.   By the way - the soup was great.  But, I also forgot I had to do my dialysis last night.  Dialysis and salt are not friends.  If I'd only eaten half of the box, I'd of probably been fine, but I thought the whole box was one serving; it was two.  About 1000 grams of salt in the box and added crackers to it.  So . . . when I realized I had to do my treatment last night I knew I had to make adjustments.  I tried, but about 30 minutes before the treatment was over I started cramping something awful in my legs.  I called for Sue and in the short time it took for her to get up here I was shaking and was throwing up.  I was so grateful to have her here last night - she helped me through it.

This morning at church it was fast and testimony meeting.  I got up for the first time in sometime and was overcome and cried.  I felt like I'd been called to repentance in a way from the Lord.  I know she's here and as challenging as it is sometimes, its a good thing.  We help each other don't we all?  I guess thats one of the reasons we are here.

Kristin was here for Christmas and spent most of her time cleaning out her Dad's apartment.  We babysat her dog.  Benson has really struggled with his presence here and hopefully will do better now that he is gone.  Kristin and Pepe left tonight.

I love my children.  They are incredible and are so strong.

No comments:

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference