Life Circles

Life Circles

Friday, January 28, 2011

TESTIMONY

I spent the better part of the day yesterday watching a video series on BYU tv.  Messiah: the Lamb of God.
May I say first and foremost the series is awesome and give lots of room for thought.  www.byutv.org/Messiah

The has been a really good week for me.  Tuesday morning I was at the temple working on family file names.  Wednesday morning I was working on my genealogy and found some great sources.

This morning I did my dialysis treatment early and read scriptures and resource materials.  In general a very good day.

In the last episode I watched yesterday they encouraged us to bear our testimony of the divinity of Jesus Christ.  I do believe he is Jesus the Christ - the son of God.  I believe he came to earth and took upon himself all of our sins.  I do believe he died and was resurrected; and because of Him, we will be resurrected also.   I have a great sense of gratitude for the price he paid for us so that we might return home when we pass from this life.

I am learning to trust Him more and more.  Sometimes I try to take things back and fix things for myself.  I spent two years trying to get a loan modification on our mortgage after I started dialysis.  We sold my husband's truck, cancelled the cable, cut down on our cell phone plan, took no trips, didn't eat out, packed Steve's lunches and managed with the help of God and many were able to keep the mortgage current during the time we tried for the modification and were turned down because we kept things current.  So . . .  I filed for a refinance and thought it would be no problem.  It has been a problem and so I stepped into my I need to fix this and kept calling probably to the point of being a pest.  Yesterday I realized I had done all I could possibly do and the couldn't do another thing.  I took it to the Lord and prayer and have turned it over to Him.

1 comment:

Ann said...

When I grow up Dianne, I hope to be more like you and less the impatient person that I am. I have the greatest admiration for your faithfulness and obedience. I am so glad that through Heather's missionary service, I met you.

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference