Life Circles

Life Circles

Friday, May 1, 2009

What a week!

Sorry I've been so slow in writing. The past two weeks really have been yard work, yard work, and more yard work. I've really over done things. Whatever happened to "And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order." I haven't learned this lesson, in spite of one particular temple presidency trying to teach it to me.

I just feel compelled to get as much done as I can. Anyway, yesterday I planted 60+ plants. 5 trays of impatience, 5 trays of vinca, a basil plant, another tomatoe plant, 4 more plants of asian jasmine for the bed that is my major project after a year, and a honeysuckle. Needless to say, when it was time to get up this morning to go to dialysis I slept through the clock. They called me at 6:30 and asked if I was coming. I was so embarrassed. Some poor older gentleman sitting on a chair with his hand on his walker was waiting for me to get off. I apologized profusely. Dyann Bennett came to see me and I was so glad to see her.

Anyway, I thought I'd post some of my prize pics.
I have buds in my mystery, victory, garden. When I planted the seeds, I forgot to mark them, so I don't know what's coming where. Its a surprise!



The bed I planted starts in has things growing, I haven't killed anything yet.

My strawberry plants have blossoms.

My iris plants are blooming.

And finally, my new plantings. My honeysuckle...

And my impatience and vinca -


So now,hopefully its just water, fertilize, and weed. No more planting till fall.

I know, I do need to fix the year on my camera.

I have this fun little game I play when I get bored during dialysis called "Bejeweled". The goal is to line jewels up 3 or more and then they disappear and you just keep going till you go up levels. I've been thinking alot about it this week and how it reminds me of consequences. As I move the jewels they reorder everything around them. This makes me think about how we exercise our agency not only affects us, but everyone around us.

Anyway. More later.

No comments:

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference