Life Circles

Life Circles

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Inside Out

I got up this morning, ate a bowl of cereal, and rushed to change my clothes to get to my hair appointment. Heidi always does a great job and I always look forward to my appointment. Last week when my son had surgery, I came home and forgot my appointment. I thought then she must really think I'm dingy. Well today I proved it. When I got home from my appointment, I looked in the mirror and realized my t-shirt was on inside out!

Several years ago on a BYU broadcast I saw Lucille Johnson speak. She spoke of a time she had a speaking assignment at a womens conference and because she was late and on a phone call, her husband rushed her out of the door. As she was walking into the conference the women were asking her if she was ok. After she got up and spoke and the conference finished, she got in the car and pulled down the visor and saw her reflection in the mirror. She screamed. She teases her hair and it was still all teased up. She had never combed it out. I know younger adults will probably not get the picture, but some of the older will. Although my embarrasment will not match hers at that moment, it was still bad enough.

Steve has a couple of job interviews today. My daughter's gone on another BYU trip to Hawaii. Lucky girl.

Last night I ironed Steve's shirts. I haven't ironed a shirt in nearly 40 years. I was so ambitious I even ironed a tablecloth that Steve's mom used to use. Its been tucked in a drawer for nearly ten years. The most significant thing about this was that I had the energy to do so. If anyone fears dialysis, don't. It makes such a difference in the way you feel.

No comments:

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference