Life Circles

Life Circles

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gratitude

I went to the temple this morning and worked at the family file desk. On the way back, I stopped by a friend of Steve's house to see him. He was doing some electrical work over there. They had a huge amount of patterned concrete work. I couldn't help but think how beautiful it looked and went into the backyard to see the driveway and the work done on it. The lady of the house had nothing to do but complain about the work that had been done. Several years ago her flooring company had put flooring in our house. It was strange to hear her complain and go on about the very feelings I had about the work done in our house on our tile. All these years later I still have grout in places on my floor I can't get out. Anyway, it brought me to think about how I need to be grateful for the things I have and not focus on the negatives.



So I'm attaching a picture of beginning plants I started in the house. I'm going to be curious to see how it works once they're planted outside.



My sister did me a huge thing today. She sent me a sizable check. Totally unrequested. I was so surprised and called her. She just knew that we're struggling and wanted to help. At Christmas we had a surprise on our front porch. Someone had secret santa'd us with gift cards from WalMart and Albertsons. My feelings were similar in both actions. Totally grateful.

1 comment:

rosebud said...

After my mission I was back living with my mother in SLC when I felt a great "pull" to USU in Logan. I made the arrangements and quite frankly my mother was offened I wasn't going to stay living with her. It was a difficult time. The day I had to sign an apartment lease, my mother received a $200 check from my uncle on a mission in Hawaii "just in case" -- the exact amount I needed for my deposit. Needless to say, all opposition from mom stopped after that day. I have a great testimony to give $ when nudged. Heavenly Father is amazing that he takes care of us so efficiently and effectively! :)

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference