Life Circles

Life Circles

Saturday, March 19, 2011

There's Got To Be A Better Way

The doctor has asked me to take one of my med's in the morning and not to eat for an hour after taking it; instead of thinking about how hungry I am, I look for things I can do to kill the hour.  This morning its 70 degrees out, not raining, and quite comfortable; so I decided to go out and prune my roses.  35 minutes later I'm done - only two really big bushes - and my arms are covered with scratches and my hands are sore from the thorns.  I thought I was being really smart and put on gloves - the thorns went straight through.  Now I know why there are so many different kinds of gloves - must be the thick leather ones are for pruning.  Next time. Any other ideas?

Yesterday I called my internist because I'd been having symptons of low blood sugar in the middle of the night; anxious, sweaty.  It didn't make any sense because I'm not even taking blood sugar medication.  She asked me to come right in.  When I got there they hooked me up to an EKG because they were thinking I might be having heart issues in the middle of the night.  The results were just fine, but it got me thinking how it might be a good idea to find out what the symptoms of a heart attack for a woman are.  After seeing them, I understood why they thought I might be having heart issues in the middle of the night.  I thought I'd share them, they are:

·      Chest pain-may also include back pain and/or deep aching and throbbing in one or both arms. 
·         Breathlessness and/or inability to catch your breath when waking up.
·         Clammy sweating.
·         Dizziness--unexplained lightheadedness, possible blackouts.
·         Anxiety--unusual nervousness, feelings of impending doom.
·         Edema--fluid retention and swelling usually of the ankles or lower legs.
·         Fluttering--rapid heartbeats, palpitations.
·         Nausea--gastric upset.
·         Feeling of heaviness, such as pressure-like chest pain between the breasts that may radiate to the left arm or shoulder.

No comments:

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference