Life Circles

Life Circles

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Getting warmer

Wow 90 degrees today.  The weather has been like riding on a roller-coaster here.  Up and down.  If you don't like the weather in Texas one day, hold on, the next day the weather will be different.  Yesterday we had high winds, the sky was overcast, and it was chilly.  Not so today.

My roses are beautiful this year.  They're both double knock out roses.  The red one is a year older than the pink.  The red one looks like it is on fire.




A couple of years ago I started working on the front yard.  The west side of the yard just wouldn't grow anything.  Most of the dirt would wash into the street every time it rained.  Because of my kidneys going bad, my bones had become very brittle.  In the course of a year I had broken both my right and left wrist, and my upper left arm.  To make a long story short, I found myself skooting on my backside planting jasmine through a very hot summer.  Last year, it was disappointing.  I would never recommend jasmine as a fast grower, but this year, its filling in nicely.









My vegetables are doing really well also.  Most particularly the squash, cucumber, and cantaloupe. 





I've also been enjoying strawberries on a daily basis.

2 comments:

rosebud said...

I'm jealous of your garden! I have one very sad, dilapidated rose in my yard. Since I've been giving it love, it has perked up and looks a little happier!

rosebud said...

erase those Chinese spam messages quick! If you throw them into google translator from Chinese to English, it will shock you! Yikes!. Better enable word verification on your blog dear.

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference