Life Circles

Life Circles

Friday, June 4, 2010

A Friend Departed

When I first started my dialysis treatments, I got back to working on my genealogy.  Donna Freeman contacted me and invited me to join the Stewart family site.  We emailed back and forth, prayed for each other, and just kept in touch.  I grew very fond of her.  I had written her a couple of emails and didn't hear back and was concerned.  I knew she had heart problems.  I got back onto the family site today and discovered she had died last October.  It tugged at my heart strings, because I really felt like I'd gotten to know her.  As I read her obituary I became even more impressed.  She didn't hesitate when faced with challenges, she just kept working on them.  She grew a beautiful garden and was very involved in local politics in her area.  She will be missed by many.  She just wanted to get together in Sallisaw Oklahoma for a reunion, hopefully that reunion will still happen sometime in the future.

1 comment:

rosebud said...

that is very sad. I am sorry to hear of the loss!

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference