Life Circles

Life Circles

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another month - Another year

I turned 59 this past week.  Just one a way from 60.  We had a ward party and the theme was reunion.  Everyone walked around with a tag on with the year they graduated.  I felt sooooo very old.

I shouldn't complain.  At least I'm still living on the green side of the lawn. 

Steve brought me flowers, my son and his wife took me out to eat, and my daughter ordered me something from Amazon they quickly put on backorder.  My sister is so talented.  She quilts and made me a beautiful quilt and sent it with some other goodies. 


I worked my last shift at the temple Saturday night.  I've been volunteering for the past year but have found it too wearing on me. 

Life moves on and we all face our challenges.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Hey -- I'm a year older than you are! So does that mean I'm the "old lady"? When you come to Utah next, just let me know and we will come to where ever you are staying. I guess I figure when someone travels a long way, those on that end need to be accommodating and go to the visitor. Thanks for mothering my girl. Heavenly Father gave you and Steve as a blessing in her life.

Anonymous said...

Ola, what's up amigos? :)
Hope to get any assistance from you if I will have any quesitons.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Hi there - I am your neighbor in the blogosphere! I just clicked "Next blog" and you were it! Come visit me...let's be friends: http://beinglds.blogspot.com

I worked in the DC temple before I was married. What a great experience!

Rai said...

HI! :) i think what you do, doesn't make you an old lady.. :) Well of course if literally speaking you're 59 but my mom is already 63 and she always thinks and says... 'I'm not old... age are just numbers... as long as I'm moving, working and happy I will not feel old' Just have an optimistic perception everyday ma'am... Good Day! take care...! :)

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference