Life Circles

Life Circles

Monday, August 3, 2009

NxStage

I'm learning just how awkward and clumsy I can be. Last week I started NxStage training. NxStage is a dialyzer that will allow me to do dialysis from home. I had been driving over there all last week and on Friday I got lost. Go figure.

I am really sold on NxStage. This is the start of my second week and I can already tell I have more energy. I'd like to make my way through just one time without making a mistake.

Today when I went I did something that caused the bags to leak all over the floor.

On the way back today ................. I really freaked. I didn't see the HOV sticks coming up on 635 and over compensated. I whipped to the right and lost total control of my car. Scared myself. At one point, I nearly went off the overpass. Praise Heavenly Father, he didn't let me and somehow kept me from hitting anyone else.

I am still a little shaken but very greatful.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

All of us who use NxStage have stories about screw ups during training and after, but we all got to go home and do well with the machine. You're going to get there, too, and feel better and better.

You might consider joining the NxStage users listserve on Yahoo.com for some support as you go through the process. There are a lot of experience dialyzors there to bounce ideas and questions off of, and rant, too, if you need it. Here's the address:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NxStageUsers/

Miriam said...

Also, you should take a look at
http://www.nxstageusers.com/

A forum site run by the same group of NxStage dialyzors but not a private listserve.

Lots of good information there and fellow users to connect to.

Best wishes always,
Miriam (3 years on NxStage, 15 years on dialysis)

Wordles From General Conference

Wordles From General Conference